Japan to issue multiple entry short-term stay visa to Indians
New Delhi: Starting on Thursday, Japan will issue multiple entry visas for short-term stay to Indians.
This was announced by the Japanese embassy here today.
The decision was taken following the announcement by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe when he visited here this January that his Government would introduce multiple entry visas based on the recognition that enhancement of people to people exchanges is important to further broaden relations between Japan and India," the embassy said.
The multiple entry visa will be issued not only at the Japanese diplomatic missions in India but also at all the Japanese embassies and Consulate Generals overseas in light of a large number of Indian nationals living outside India, it said in a release.
"It is expected that this will help increase the number of Indian tourists to Japan and improve convenience in business activities, thus further developing bilateral exchanges between the two countries.
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why