Japanese PM for concrete steps to raise bilateral trade
Mumbai: Japanese Prime Minister Yukio
Hatoyama on Monday pitched for intensifying bilateral trade with
India, particularly in infrastructure and technology, during
his meetings with the doyens of Indian business and industry.
"The PM called for concrete steps to enhance and
strengthen the bilateral trade between both nations. Besides,
he also asked for a closer cooperation in the areas of nuclear
energy, R&D and infrastructure projects," Shipping Corporation
of India Chairman and MD S Hajara, part of a CII-delegation
meeting the visiting dignitary said.
In 2008-09, the Indo-Japan bilateral trade stood at
around USD 12 billion and is expected to grow further by next
Noting that Japanese investment in India was still much
lower than that in China, Hatoyama said there was vast scope
for infusing larger resources into sectors of potential
growth, primarily infrastructure.
The premier held separate meetings with Reliance
Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani, Tata Group Chairman Ratan
Tata, and also met a CII delegation and Gujarat Chief Minister
The closed-door meeting between Hatoyama and Tata came in
the backdrop of healthy market response to the recently-
launched joint venture between Tata Teleservices and
Japanese telecom giant NTT DOCOMO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing