Japanese PM Shinzo Abe arrives in New Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Japanese PM Shinzo Abe, who will be chief guest at this year`s Republic day Parade, arrived here on a three-day official trip to India.
Abe, accompanied by his wife Mrs Akie Abe, is visiting India on the invitation of PM Manmohan Singh.
During his three-day trip (25 -27 Jan), Abe is scheduled to hold talks with PM Manmohan Singh for the Annual Summit between India and Japan.
The delegation-level talks between the two PMs is expected to cover economic issues, and international topics like Afghanistan and UN reforms, said reports.
The talks between the two will add “substance and content to the India-Japan Strategic and Global Partnership" , said the officials of Ministry of External Affairs, reported the PTI.
Since Abe took over in December 2012 in his second term as Prime Minister, ties between India and Japan have witnessed upward swing.
Prime Minister Singh had visited Japan last year for the seventh annual summit during which the two leaders extensively discussed bilateral, regional and global issues of common interest which enhanced and strengthened the Strategic and Global Partnership.
The increasing proximity between India and Japan also come against the backdrop of a spike in tensions between Japan and China over a group of disputed islands in the East China Sea.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan