Japanese PM Shinzo Abe arrives in New Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Japanese PM Shinzo Abe, who will be chief guest at this year`s Republic day Parade, arrived here on a three-day official trip to India.
Abe, accompanied by his wife Mrs Akie Abe, is visiting India on the invitation of PM Manmohan Singh.
During his three-day trip (25 -27 Jan), Abe is scheduled to hold talks with PM Manmohan Singh for the Annual Summit between India and Japan.
The delegation-level talks between the two PMs is expected to cover economic issues, and international topics like Afghanistan and UN reforms, said reports.
The talks between the two will add “substance and content to the India-Japan Strategic and Global Partnership" , said the officials of Ministry of External Affairs, reported the PTI.
Since Abe took over in December 2012 in his second term as Prime Minister, ties between India and Japan have witnessed upward swing.
Prime Minister Singh had visited Japan last year for the seventh annual summit during which the two leaders extensively discussed bilateral, regional and global issues of common interest which enhanced and strengthened the Strategic and Global Partnership.
The increasing proximity between India and Japan also come against the backdrop of a spike in tensions between Japan and China over a group of disputed islands in the East China Sea.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen