Japanese PM to visit India from Dec 27
Tokyo: Japanese Prime Minister Yukio
Hatoyama will undertake his first visit to India this week for
talks with his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh on counter-
terrorism measures, a free trade agreement and climate issues,
officials said here on Wednesday.
Hatoyama will visit India from December 27 to 29.
He will also undertake a trip to the country`s financial
hub Mumbai before returning to Japan in the early morning of
The plan for his visit took time to be finalised due to
extended consultations on the compilation of Japan`s fiscal
2010 budget, Kyodo news agency reported.
Hatoyama, 62, took office in mid-September after his
Democratic Party of Japan swept to power in August`s lower
house elections, ousting the long-ruling Liberal Democratic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh