Japanese PM to visit India from Dec 27
Tokyo: Japanese Prime Minister Yukio
Hatoyama will undertake his first visit to India this week for
talks with his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh on counter-
terrorism measures, a free trade agreement and climate issues,
officials said here on Wednesday.
Hatoyama will visit India from December 27 to 29.
He will also undertake a trip to the country`s financial
hub Mumbai before returning to Japan in the early morning of
The plan for his visit took time to be finalised due to
extended consultations on the compilation of Japan`s fiscal
2010 budget, Kyodo news agency reported.
Hatoyama, 62, took office in mid-September after his
Democratic Party of Japan swept to power in August`s lower
house elections, ousting the long-ruling Liberal Democratic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Stem cells injection could ward off glaucoma
- Japan police search home of suspect in stabbing spree
- 5 affordable hatchbacks with first-in-class features –Check out
- Twitter's Android app makes night-time tweeting easy
- Chinese troops camp in Uttarakhand's Chamoli, PLA helicopter violates Indian airspace