Japanese PM to visit India from Dec 27
Tokyo: Japanese Prime Minister Yukio
Hatoyama will undertake his first visit to India this week for
talks with his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh on counter-
terrorism measures, a free trade agreement and climate issues,
officials said here on Wednesday.
Hatoyama will visit India from December 27 to 29.
He will also undertake a trip to the country`s financial
hub Mumbai before returning to Japan in the early morning of
The plan for his visit took time to be finalised due to
extended consultations on the compilation of Japan`s fiscal
2010 budget, Kyodo news agency reported.
Hatoyama, 62, took office in mid-September after his
Democratic Party of Japan swept to power in August`s lower
house elections, ousting the long-ruling Liberal Democratic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH