Japanese tourists top for visa-on-arrival facility
New Delhi: Japanese tourists emerged on top
in use of visa-on-arrival facility to visit India in August.
189 Japanese used the facility, followed by 148
Singaporeans who availed it in August.
As a facilitative measure to attract more foreign
tourists to India, government has launched visa-on-arrival
scheme from January 2010 for citizens of five countries -
Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand and Singapore -
visiting India for tourism purpose.
In August a total number 3.82 lakh foreign tourists
visted the country, out of which 506 foreigners availed the
Besides tourists from Japan and Singapore, 39 visitors
from Finland, 113 from New Zealand and 17 from Luxemburg came
to India using the visa-on-arrival facility.
During January-August 2010, 4022 VoAs were issued under
The number of visas issued under this scheme, during
January-August 2010 for nationals of the five countries were
Singapore (1312), New Zealand (969), Finland (886), Japan
(814) and Luxembourg (41).
During January-August, 2010, the maximum number of VoAs
were issued at Delhi airport (2127), followed by Mumbai (854),
Chennai (833) and Kolkata (208).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day