Jaswant expelled summarily and shabbily: Govindacharya
New Delhi: Coming to the defence of
expelled BJP veteran Jaswant Singh, former party leader KN
Govindacharya on Monday said the party top brass should have read
the book and summoned Singh for an explanation instead of
"summarily and shabbily" dismissing him.
"The manner in which Jaswant Singh was expelled does
not behove of a political party... though no member is
indispensable, the destiny of a party worker cannot be decided
over a cup of tea," Govindacharya, once a BJP ideologue, told
He said the BJP should have asked its intellectual
cell to study the book, set aside a week for this purpose,
summoned Jaswant Singh for an explanation and only then
Govindacharya termed it as "summarily and shabbily"
done expulsion and a "knee-jerk action taken in a hurry".
The former aide of senior BJP leader LK Advani said
it was the democratic right of an individual to write a book.
Taking a dig at Advani, he said it was not clear
whether Jaswant was expelled over his comments praising
Pakistan founder MA Jinnah or for his views against Sardar
"The barrel of the gun was turned towards Patel as it
was felt that targeting him (Jaswant) on Jinnah may affect
others," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui