Jaswant expelled summarily and shabbily: Govindacharya
New Delhi: Coming to the defence of
expelled BJP veteran Jaswant Singh, former party leader KN
Govindacharya on Monday said the party top brass should have read
the book and summoned Singh for an explanation instead of
"summarily and shabbily" dismissing him.
"The manner in which Jaswant Singh was expelled does
not behove of a political party... though no member is
indispensable, the destiny of a party worker cannot be decided
over a cup of tea," Govindacharya, once a BJP ideologue, told
He said the BJP should have asked its intellectual
cell to study the book, set aside a week for this purpose,
summoned Jaswant Singh for an explanation and only then
Govindacharya termed it as "summarily and shabbily"
done expulsion and a "knee-jerk action taken in a hurry".
The former aide of senior BJP leader LK Advani said
it was the democratic right of an individual to write a book.
Taking a dig at Advani, he said it was not clear
whether Jaswant was expelled over his comments praising
Pakistan founder MA Jinnah or for his views against Sardar
"The barrel of the gun was turned towards Patel as it
was felt that targeting him (Jaswant) on Jinnah may affect
others," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Copa del Rey: Barcelona edge out Sevilla in bad-tempered final
- No confirmation of Taliban chief’s death: Nawaz Sharif
- Launch of India's maiden space shuttle: 10 things you must know about ISRO's RLV-TD mission!
- Jama Masjid in Gujarat's Vadodara claims it has biggest Quran in the world - Pics inside
- Search ops underway to locate two missing Indians on Mount Everest