Jaswant expelled summarily and shabbily: Govindacharya
New Delhi: Coming to the defence of
expelled BJP veteran Jaswant Singh, former party leader KN
Govindacharya on Monday said the party top brass should have read
the book and summoned Singh for an explanation instead of
"summarily and shabbily" dismissing him.
"The manner in which Jaswant Singh was expelled does
not behove of a political party... though no member is
indispensable, the destiny of a party worker cannot be decided
over a cup of tea," Govindacharya, once a BJP ideologue, told
He said the BJP should have asked its intellectual
cell to study the book, set aside a week for this purpose,
summoned Jaswant Singh for an explanation and only then
Govindacharya termed it as "summarily and shabbily"
done expulsion and a "knee-jerk action taken in a hurry".
The former aide of senior BJP leader LK Advani said
it was the democratic right of an individual to write a book.
Taking a dig at Advani, he said it was not clear
whether Jaswant was expelled over his comments praising
Pakistan founder MA Jinnah or for his views against Sardar
"The barrel of the gun was turned towards Patel as it
was felt that targeting him (Jaswant) on Jinnah may affect
others," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- CAG starts audit of DIAL, AAI books amid concerns over "irregularities"
- 'Half Girlfriend': Shraddha Kapoor injured on sets!
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic