Jaswant fate may not befall Shourie
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Arun Shourie
may be spared the fate that befell Jaswant Singh, but is
likely to face some action as the party is reported to be
compiling all his recent statements.
BJP sources said the top brass had ordered a
compilation of all utterances and writings of Shourie against
the party in the recent past. "He will be confronted with
these and a detailed clarification sought from Shourie in a
couple of days," a senior party leader said.
The party had yesterday asked Shourie for a
clarification on his recent interview to a news channel where
he had referred to the party leadership as "Humpty Dumpty" and
"Tarzan". He also suggested handing over the reins to a new
Shourie has put the BJP in a spot through his critical
writings in newspapers and his statements in the press since
the party suffered a drubbing in the Lok Sabha polls.
However, certain factors may prevent his expulsion
from the party, sources said.
"He is close to the RSS and has even said that it
should take over the BJP to revamp it. Moreover, he has not
spoken anything against the BJP ideology or taken a
contradictory stand on any issue as was done by Jaswant," said
an MP close to the high command.
The party is also wary of taking any swift action
against Shourie as was done in Jaswant`s case when he was
summarily dismissed, drawing all-round criticism for the
"It would appear unjust to take action against Shourie
without seeking a clarification from him," party sources said.
BJP struck a cautious note yesterday when it took
pains to state that no show-cause notice is being served and
neither has an explanation been sought from the former Union
Shourie himself has said that he will give all
necessary clarifications that the party seeks from him on his
writings and statements.
"He is known for his factual and well-argued articles
and is likely to give satisfactory answers to all queries," a
party source said.
The central leadership is also in a dilemma as it has
not set a time frame for former Rajasthan chief minister
Vasundhara Raje to resign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing