Jaswant Singh meets former PM Vajpayee
New Delhi: Expelled BJP leader Jaswant Singh on Sunday met former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee at the latter`s residence here.
Singh, who was a Cabinet minister under Vajpayee`s
government, drove to the ailing BJP patriarch`s Krishna Menon
Marg residence this afternoon.
"I came here to wish Vajpayeeji on the occasion of
Ganseh Chaturthi," Singh told reporters after the meeting.
This is Singh`s first meeting with a senior BJP leader
after he was expelled from the party earlier this week for
praising Pakistan founder Mohammad Ali Jinnah in his book
"Jinnah - India, Partition, Independence".
Singh had yesterday met his former Cabinet colleague
and JD(U) leader George Fernandes.
Jaswant Singh had been having an uneasy relationship
with the party leadership ever since BJP`s debacle in the Lok
Sabha elections on which he had circulated a note demanding
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says