Jaswant Singh says will not contest Lok Sabha polls from Darjeeling
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Union minister and senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Jaswant Singh on Monday said that he wants to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls from Barmer in Rajasthan rather than from the Darjeeling seat.
“I wish to contest Lok Sabha polls from Barmer in Rajasthan,” Singh said, whose roots are in Rajasthan and from where he began his political career.
Singh who had won the last Lok Sabha elections from Darjeeling, backed by the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha, added, “I won`t contest Lok Sabha polls from Darjeeling.”
Though the BJP is yet to declare its list of candidates, the Darjeeling MP today said to an English news channel, “It has been a pleasure to contest from Darjeeling but this will be my last election so I want to go back to my hometown.”
BJP is likely to release its first list of party candidates for the Lok Sabha polls in the next ten days, a senior party leader said today.
"The preliminary process for the shortlisting of candidates is already completed and the list will be declared within the next ten days," former Union minister and party`s national vice-president Shanta Kumar said, a PTI report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority