Jaswant`s meeting with Advani a courtesy call: State BJP
Jaipur: Rajasthan BJP on Friday termed as a "courtesy call" the meeting of expelled leader Jaswant Singh with party`s patriarch LK Advani and said it should not be linked with politics.
"Jaswantji and Advaniji both are having very good relations since long time. What is wrong if Jaswantji goes and greet our party`s top leader Advaniji. I believe this should not be linked with any politics," said Ashok Parnami, Rajasthan BJP President.
Singh today met Advani at his residence in Delhi and spent about 30 minutes with the BJP patriarch,, raising speculation over the move.
Sources close to Advani termed it merely as a "courtesy" meeting as the two have shared good relations in the past.
Asked about the future of Jaswant`s son Manvendra Singh, a sitting MLA from Barmer district who was suspended from party`s primary membership by the state unit, Parnami said "party goes by its constitution, not by whims and fancies. Party will decide the further action".
Jaswant had expressed sadness over his expulsion after he refused to withdraw his candidature against the party`s official candidate Col Sonaram Chowdhury in his hometown Barmer.
He lost by a margin of 87,461 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves