Jaswant`s meeting with Advani a courtesy call: State BJP
Jaipur: Rajasthan BJP on Friday termed as a "courtesy call" the meeting of expelled leader Jaswant Singh with party`s patriarch LK Advani and said it should not be linked with politics.
"Jaswantji and Advaniji both are having very good relations since long time. What is wrong if Jaswantji goes and greet our party`s top leader Advaniji. I believe this should not be linked with any politics," said Ashok Parnami, Rajasthan BJP President.
Singh today met Advani at his residence in Delhi and spent about 30 minutes with the BJP patriarch,, raising speculation over the move.
Sources close to Advani termed it merely as a "courtesy" meeting as the two have shared good relations in the past.
Asked about the future of Jaswant`s son Manvendra Singh, a sitting MLA from Barmer district who was suspended from party`s primary membership by the state unit, Parnami said "party goes by its constitution, not by whims and fancies. Party will decide the further action".
Jaswant had expressed sadness over his expulsion after he refused to withdraw his candidature against the party`s official candidate Col Sonaram Chowdhury in his hometown Barmer.
He lost by a margin of 87,461 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs