Jat stir continues, rail services badly affected
Chandigarh: Jats demanding quota in
government jobs occupied 14 railway tracks in Haryana on Wednesday as
part of their agitation badly disrupting train services in the
"Our stir will continue peacefully till our demand is
met," Hawa Singh Sangwan, Haryana state president of All India
Jat Arakshan Sangharsh Samiti, the body spearheading the
"We have not received any communication from anybody for
the talks," he said.
Jats are also contemplating to block important roads in
the state in the days ahead to press for their demand, he
The Centre had earlier held a round of talks with the Jats
in a bid to put an end to the agitation which has entered its
third week affecting normal life at many places.
Train services on 14 rail lines in Haryana, including
Delhi-Ludhiana-Jind, Narwana-Kurukshetra, Rohtak-Panipat,
Rewari-Loharu, Loharu-Jaipur, Hisar-Jaipur, Bhiwani-Hisar,
Hisar-Bathinda, and Delhi-Jind-Ludhiana continued to
remain disrupted for yet another day today.
The ongoing fortnight-long stir by Jats has badly
affected rail traffic in northern India, forcing the Northern
Railways to cancel several trains, divert routes of some
With the disruption in the supply of coal, the Rajiv
Gandhi Thermal Power Plant, Khedar, Hisar has been closed.
At a meeting held at Kurukshetra recently, the
agitating Jats had threatened to block the Delhi-Ambala rail
route if their demand was not met by March 25.
They also threatened to cut off the national capital
from the rest of north India in the next phase of their stir
if their demand was not fulfilled by March 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!