Jat stir: Haryana govt asked to clear tracks
Chandigarh: With the Jat agitation paralysing rail traffic in parts of north India, the Punjab
and Haryana High Court today directed the Haryana Government to immediately get the rail tracks and other blockades cleared to restore normal movement of trains.
A division bench of the High Court headed by Chief
Justice Ranjan Gogoi gave the order on a PIL filed by
city-based NGO National Consumer Awareness Group Society.
Noting the inconvenience faced by the people due to blockade of rail tracks by Jats, the bench said there were other ways of agitating.
The government has been directed to immediately comply
with today`s order by communicating the same to the district
magistrates, concerned police brass and others.
On Tuesday, the High Court had directed the Haryana
Government to inform it by today about the steps taken to
restore normal movement of trains.
The ongoing three-week long stir by Jats has badly affected rail traffic in north India, forcing Northern Railways to cancel several trains and divert routes of some others.
The Jats demanding quota for the community in government jobs under OBC category are squatting on railway
tracks in many areas of Haryana.
Meanwhile, the Rajiv Gandhi Thermal Power Plant,
Khedar, Hisar has been closed due to disruption in the supply
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'