Javed Akhtar pens song for CRPF; Prez to unveil it
New Delhi: Renowned lyricist Javed Akhtar has penned a patriotic and valour-filled song for the country`s largest paramilitary force CRPF, which is celebrating it`s 75th year of raising this year.
The five-minute song--`Hum hain desh ke rakshak`-- will be unveiled by President Pranab Mukherjee here February 28.
During the event, Mukherjee will also honour the gallantry award winners of the force which is the mainstay for anti-Naxal operations in the country.
The idea to create an anthem for the force was mooted by Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Director General Dilip Trivedi after which Akhtar was approached, a senior official said.
"While there is already a CRPF song in existence, the need to create a new anthem was felt keeping the new tasks of the force in anti-Maoist operations and additional tasks in internal security domain of the country.
"The song will be sung at all official events after it is ceremonially released later this month," the official said.
Akhtar wrote a song for another central paramilitary force, CISF last year.
The latest CRPF song has been composed by Raju Singh and its vocal is by Javed Ali.
The paramilitary, with 3 lakh personnel in its ranks, was raised in 1939 and its name was changed from Crown Representatives Police (CRP) to the present CRPF with an all- India charter to deal with law and order problems.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and other officials of the Home Ministry would also be present at the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city