Javed Akhtar pens song for CRPF; Prez to unveil it
New Delhi: Renowned lyricist Javed Akhtar has penned a patriotic and valour-filled song for the country`s largest paramilitary force CRPF, which is celebrating it`s 75th year of raising this year.
The five-minute song--`Hum hain desh ke rakshak`-- will be unveiled by President Pranab Mukherjee here February 28.
During the event, Mukherjee will also honour the gallantry award winners of the force which is the mainstay for anti-Naxal operations in the country.
The idea to create an anthem for the force was mooted by Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Director General Dilip Trivedi after which Akhtar was approached, a senior official said.
"While there is already a CRPF song in existence, the need to create a new anthem was felt keeping the new tasks of the force in anti-Maoist operations and additional tasks in internal security domain of the country.
"The song will be sung at all official events after it is ceremonially released later this month," the official said.
Akhtar wrote a song for another central paramilitary force, CISF last year.
The latest CRPF song has been composed by Raju Singh and its vocal is by Javed Ali.
The paramilitary, with 3 lakh personnel in its ranks, was raised in 1939 and its name was changed from Crown Representatives Police (CRP) to the present CRPF with an all- India charter to deal with law and order problems.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and other officials of the Home Ministry would also be present at the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!