Jawans celebrate Holi on Indo-Pak border
Octerio BOP (Indo-Pak border): Miles away
from their homes, jawans danced to the beats of dolaks while
the forward Border Out Post (BOP) was donned with `gulal`
colours as they celebrated Holi.
For a moment, all seemed calm along the International
Border (IB) and faces of Border Security Force (BSF) personnel
did not reflect the usual tension over rise in infiltration
attempts and cross border firing from across the border.
The jawans of 135 battalion were seen shaking legs to the
tunes of dolaks and Punjabi music around a bonfire as a
festive atmosphere prevailed at Octerio BOP, 45 Kms from here.
"It is a day of celebrations for our jawan who are away
from their families and homes. Jawans are celebrating Holi
with locals. But at the same time we do not let our vigilance
and guard down along the borderline," Unit Commander Akram
Khan told reporters here.
Residents of border village Suchetgarh joined the troops
in Holi celebrations as they smeared one another with colours
and exchanged greetings.
The jawans, guarding the Line of Control in R S Pura
sector, distributed sweets to locals.
"We felt at home while celebrating Holi. The locals
joining us was a feeling that we are with our families. The
Holi has relieved us from the tension associated with
patrolling the borderline at a time when militants are making
an all out effort to intrude to this side," Havaldar Guram
Chand of Jaisalmeer (Rajasthan) said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital