`Jawans not allowed to use force to stop Chinese incursions`
New Delhi: Defence personnel posted at the Line of Actual Control were not being allowed to use force against repeated Chinese incursions in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ladakh area, a BJP leader claimed on Monday.
"Our forces at the border are saying they are not getting permission to use force to thwart appropriately the incursions and illegal moves by the Chinese. BJP demands immediate protection to the border villages of Ladakh and if needed use of force by our security forces," BJP MP and spokesperson Tarun Vijay told reporters.
Chinese incursions in Ladakh have increased in the wake of China`s Defence Minister Gen Liang Guanglie five-day India visit, he claimed.
Describing the Indian government`s silence on this issue as "baffling", he demanded that India take up this issue with the Chinese and strongly oppose it.
He claimed that Chinese armed forces put pressure on Indian border villages not to unfurl the tricolour at Demchhok, near the LAC.
"Instead the villagers were asked on Independence Day to unfurl the flag in a hall near ITBP post, at a distance from the LAC," Vijay said.
Development work in the border village of Koyul in Leh has also come to a halt as a result of it, he claimed.
"The surprising silence of Defence and Home Ministries in this regard is mysterious," Vijay said, adding that the Deputy Commissioner of Leh had written to the Divisional Commissioner, Srinagar, who in turn requested the Home Ministry to intervene in the matter, but no action has been taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured