Jaya Bachchan files Rajya Sabha nomination
Lucknow: Actor-politician Jaya Bachchan on Saturday filed her nomination for Rajya Sabha as a Samajwadi Party candidate.
A former Rajya Sabha member, Jaya filed her nomination in the presence of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and other party MLAs.
Jaya was earlier elected to the Rajya Sabha in 2004 as SP nominee and completed her term in 2010. She, however, refused re-nomination.
She is the sixth Samajwadi Party nominee to file her nomination for the Upper House. Naresh Agarwal, Kiranmay Nanda, Darshan Singh Yadav, Brijbhushan Tiwari and Munawwar
Saleem had yesterday filed their nominations.
Samajwadi Party, which has a strength of 225 (with one Independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya) in the 403-member Uttar Pradesh Assembly, can send six members to the Rajya Sabha.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?