Jaya Bachchan has assets worth Rs 91 crore
Lucknow: Actor-turned-politician Jaya Bachchan owns moveable and immoveable assets worth Rs 91.65 crore while her husband and Bollywood megastar Amitabh
Bachchan has fortunes to the tune of Rs 402.21 crore.
According to the affidavit filed by Jaya while submitting her nomination papers for the Rajya Sabha, she has Rs 94,246 cash in hand and Rs 3.97 crore as deposits in banks besides investments to the tune of Rs 4.34 crore.
Amitabh has Rs 1.07 lakh in cash, Rs 96.03 crore as deposits in banks, Rs 28 lakh as deposits with financial institutions and investments worth Rs 69.49 crore.
Jaya owns two vehicles, including Rs 30 lakh Toyota Lexus, while Amitabh has nine vehicles, according to the affidavit.
He owns a Mercedes 350 worth Rs 1.35 crore, Rolls Royce Rs 3.08 crore, Mercedes 350L worth Rs 85.63 lakh, Porsche Cayman worth Rs 61.48 lakh and a tractor.
Jaya has gold, jewellery, silver article, and bars worth Rs 13.34 crore while Amitabh has gold and jewellery worth Rs 26.23 crore. Among personal items, Amitabh also owns pen worth Rs 9.11 lakh and watches worth Rs 1.71 crore.
Amitabh has loans of Rs 4.61 crore from banks and dues of Rs 99.87 crore from individual, including his son Abhishek Bachchan and daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Jaya has two properties Jalsa in Mumbai and two flats in Bhopal while Amitabh has properties in Mumbai, Gurgaon and one at Plage in France worth Rs 3 crore.
Amitabh also owns a commercial building in Juhu having approximate market value of Rs 20 crore.
Jaya also owns agricultural land in Bhopal and Lucknow. Amitabh has two agricultural lands, one in Daulatpur village in Barabanki district and another in Muzaffar Nagar village in Lucknow district.
In financial year 2010-11, Jaya in her income tax return has shown an income of Rs 14.52 lakh and Amitabh Rs 72.5 crore, according to the affidavit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?