Jaya condoles death of AP students in Himachal
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday condoled the death of engineering students from Andhra Pradesh who were washed away in the Beas river in Himachal Pradesh.
"It is with immense sadness that I offer my condolences to the bereaved families of the 24 young engineering students from Hyderabad who were washed away in the River Beas", she said in a release here.
It was "heartbreaking" to hear of young lives full of hope and potential being cruelly snatched away, she said adding that she prayed the Almighty to grant the strength and courage to the families to bear the tragic loss.
The students of an engineering college and a tour guide were washed away due to sudden discharge of water from the reservoir of Larji Hydropower Project on June 8 and so far bodies of five of them had only been recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'