Jaya condoles death of AP students in Himachal
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday condoled the death of engineering students from Andhra Pradesh who were washed away in the Beas river in Himachal Pradesh.
"It is with immense sadness that I offer my condolences to the bereaved families of the 24 young engineering students from Hyderabad who were washed away in the River Beas", she said in a release here.
It was "heartbreaking" to hear of young lives full of hope and potential being cruelly snatched away, she said adding that she prayed the Almighty to grant the strength and courage to the families to bear the tragic loss.
The students of an engineering college and a tour guide were washed away due to sudden discharge of water from the reservoir of Larji Hydropower Project on June 8 and so far bodies of five of them had only been recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh