Jaya declines to comment on TMC`s move
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today declined to comment on the political developments following withdrawal of support by the Trinamool Congress to the UPA government.
"I am going to participate in the Cauvery River Authority meeting. My focus and concentration are on the meeting," Jayalalithaa told reporters before leaving for Delhi.
The CRA, headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, has been c
onvened following the Centre`s assurance to the Supreme Court recently.
Jayalalithaa had repeatedly urged the Centre to convene the CRA to discuss the water-sharing dispute with Karnataka.
She had yesterday held discussions with senior cabinet colleagues and officials to finalise the state`s strategy to be adopted at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan