Jaya declines to comment on TMC`s move
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today declined to comment on the political developments following withdrawal of support by the Trinamool Congress to the UPA government.
"I am going to participate in the Cauvery River Authority meeting. My focus and concentration are on the meeting," Jayalalithaa told reporters before leaving for Delhi.
The CRA, headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, has been c
onvened following the Centre`s assurance to the Supreme Court recently.
Jayalalithaa had repeatedly urged the Centre to convene the CRA to discuss the water-sharing dispute with Karnataka.
She had yesterday held discussions with senior cabinet colleagues and officials to finalise the state`s strategy to be adopted at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender