Jaya, George Fernandes` wife fight over furniture
New Delhi: The ongoing tussle between
veteran Socialist leader George Fernandes` estranged wife
Leila Kabir and his brothers Richard and Michael led to an
uproarious scene Wednesday outside the leader`s official residence
in the capital.
Both brothers accompanied by Fernandes` close aide
Jaya Jaitley had come to the 3-Krishna Menon Marg residence to
collect books, furniture and paintings which they claimed
belonged to them.
However, they were stopped by police from entering the
residence as the caretaker of the house S D Singh objected to
Expressing displeasure over the caretaker`s move,
Jaitley said, "these people are defaming the legacy of
Fernandes who never closed his doors to anybody."
She said she had come to collect some paintings and
furniture with the nod of Leila Kabir but was stopped from
Jaitley at the same time acknowledged that Fernandes`
wife did not agree to her claims on the furniture.
Singh, however, said he has no objection in Jaitley
coming inside but she should not be accompanied by the
brothers who have been recently allowed by the court to meet
Fernandes, who is presently staying in Panchsheel Park with
Kabir, on certain conditions.
The brothers Richard and Michael said they had come to
the capital in connection with the case that is pending in
Delhi High Court regarding their access to Fernandes.
"After meeting George this morning, we came here to
collect some books and family photographs but we have been
denied entry. It is highly objectionable. This is being done
at the instance of Kabir," they alleged.
Soon after the arguments, over a dozen policemen were
deployed near the residence. Police, however, refused to
comment on the issue.
Richard and Michael have been fighting a legal battle
with his wife for custody of the ailing former defence
minister. They had on June 9 approached the Delhi High Court
for early disposal of the case in view of Fernandes`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video