Jayalalithaa hails BJP support for Sangma
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday welcomed the support extended by the BJP for P A Sangma in the presidential election.
"I welcome other parties coming forward to support Sangma," she said in a statement, without referring to the Bharatiya Janata Party by name.
Asked if she would ask West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to back Sangma, she replied: "Let us leave the decision to her."
It was Jayalalithaa and her Odisha counterpart Naveen Patnaik who first announced their support to Sangma for the presidential poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube