Jayalalithaa hails BJP support for Sangma
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday welcomed the support extended by the BJP for P A Sangma in the presidential election.
"I welcome other parties coming forward to support Sangma," she said in a statement, without referring to the Bharatiya Janata Party by name.
Asked if she would ask West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to back Sangma, she replied: "Let us leave the decision to her."
It was Jayalalithaa and her Odisha counterpart Naveen Patnaik who first announced their support to Sangma for the presidential poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145