Jayalalithaa hails BJP support for Sangma
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday welcomed the support extended by the BJP for P A Sangma in the presidential election.
"I welcome other parties coming forward to support Sangma," she said in a statement, without referring to the Bharatiya Janata Party by name.
Asked if she would ask West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to back Sangma, she replied: "Let us leave the decision to her."
It was Jayalalithaa and her Odisha counterpart Naveen Patnaik who first announced their support to Sangma for the presidential poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch