Jayalalithaa to provide issue-based support to BJP in Rajya Sabha?
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, who is set to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday, is likely to provide issue-based support to the BJP in the Rajya Sabha, a report said on Saturday.
Earlier, the reports had claimed that the AIADMK could join the NDA.
During her meet with Modi, Jayalalithaa will submit a list of issues concerning Tamil Nadu.
The memorandum will include long-pending issues crucial to Tamil Nadu and on which the central government needs to act, an official statement said.
This will be Jayalalithaa`s first meeting with Modi after he became the PM on May 26.
The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister didn`t attend his May 26 inauguration after Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa was invited to the event.
Jayalalithaa is a bitter critic of Rajapaksa, whose regime is accused by critics of killing thousands of innocent Tamils during the final stages of the war that crushed the Tamil Tigers in 2009.
According to the statement, the memorandum would highlight some issues which require the urgent attention of the central government to safeguard the interests of the state and propel it on a faster growth path.
The statement said Jayalalithaa would call on Modi at his office in South Block on June 03.
The announcement comes following Modi`s various guidelines to his ministers that includes quick response to representations sent by the states and not to keep them pending for long.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city