JD-S vice president Bapu Kaldate dead
Aurangabad: Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) vice president Bapu Kaldate died here early Thursday morning, a family friend said. He was 86.
He is survived by his educationist wife Sudha and their two daughters Kanchan and Anupama, said the family`s friend and neighbour for over five decades, Nishikant Bhalerao.
A parliamentarian and legislator for several decades, Kaldate had been ailing for the past couple of months from multiple problems related to lungs, liver and eyesight, said Bhalerao.
His condition deteriorated two days ago and he was taken to MGM Hospital in Aurangabad where he breathed his last around 12.30 am on Thursday.
Top JD-S leaders are expected for the last rites scheduled in Aurangabad later in the evening, Bhalerao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack