JD-S vice president Bapu Kaldate dead
Aurangabad: Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) vice president Bapu Kaldate died here early Thursday morning, a family friend said. He was 86.
He is survived by his educationist wife Sudha and their two daughters Kanchan and Anupama, said the family`s friend and neighbour for over five decades, Nishikant Bhalerao.
A parliamentarian and legislator for several decades, Kaldate had been ailing for the past couple of months from multiple problems related to lungs, liver and eyesight, said Bhalerao.
His condition deteriorated two days ago and he was taken to MGM Hospital in Aurangabad where he breathed his last around 12.30 am on Thursday.
Top JD-S leaders are expected for the last rites scheduled in Aurangabad later in the evening, Bhalerao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad