JD-S vice president Bapu Kaldate dead
Aurangabad: Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) vice president Bapu Kaldate died here early Thursday morning, a family friend said. He was 86.
He is survived by his educationist wife Sudha and their two daughters Kanchan and Anupama, said the family`s friend and neighbour for over five decades, Nishikant Bhalerao.
A parliamentarian and legislator for several decades, Kaldate had been ailing for the past couple of months from multiple problems related to lungs, liver and eyesight, said Bhalerao.
His condition deteriorated two days ago and he was taken to MGM Hospital in Aurangabad where he breathed his last around 12.30 am on Thursday.
Top JD-S leaders are expected for the last rites scheduled in Aurangabad later in the evening, Bhalerao said.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district