JD-S vice president Bapu Kaldate dead
Aurangabad: Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) vice president Bapu Kaldate died here early Thursday morning, a family friend said. He was 86.
He is survived by his educationist wife Sudha and their two daughters Kanchan and Anupama, said the family`s friend and neighbour for over five decades, Nishikant Bhalerao.
A parliamentarian and legislator for several decades, Kaldate had been ailing for the past couple of months from multiple problems related to lungs, liver and eyesight, said Bhalerao.
His condition deteriorated two days ago and he was taken to MGM Hospital in Aurangabad where he breathed his last around 12.30 am on Thursday.
Top JD-S leaders are expected for the last rites scheduled in Aurangabad later in the evening, Bhalerao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- We will see how Trinamool MPs return from Delhi: Bengal BJP chief
- Take inspiration from Shilpa Shetty if you wish to lose that post-pregnancy weight!
- Benjam Netanyahu rejects French peace initiative, offers to meet Mahmoud Abbas
- Watch: This self-healing insulator can fix the cracks in all your e-wearables!
- Errors by BCCI selectors: Right squad, wrong spellings!