JD-S vice president Bapu Kaldate dead
Aurangabad: Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) vice president Bapu Kaldate died here early Thursday morning, a family friend said. He was 86.
He is survived by his educationist wife Sudha and their two daughters Kanchan and Anupama, said the family`s friend and neighbour for over five decades, Nishikant Bhalerao.
A parliamentarian and legislator for several decades, Kaldate had been ailing for the past couple of months from multiple problems related to lungs, liver and eyesight, said Bhalerao.
His condition deteriorated two days ago and he was taken to MGM Hospital in Aurangabad where he breathed his last around 12.30 am on Thursday.
Top JD-S leaders are expected for the last rites scheduled in Aurangabad later in the evening, Bhalerao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash