`JD-U not concerned if Modi becomes BJP`s campaign chief`
Panaji: The ties between BJP and ally JD-U appear to be fine for now as Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said Saturday that he was not concerned if Narendra Modi is made the chief of the BJP`s campaign committee.
Sources close to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh said he called the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader and discussed the possibility of appointing Modi as the in-charge of the party`s campaign committee.
According to the sources, the Bihar chief minister said he was concerned only with the prime ministerial candidate of the BJP, who would be the face of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
Nitish Kumar has vociferously opposed Modi as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate, saying that the Gujarat chief minister does not have "secular credentials".
Modi has been blamed for the 2002 Godhra riots in Gujarat. However, no charges have been proved against him so far.
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitaraman meanwhile dismissed any discussions with any ally at this point of time.
"There have been no talks with any alliance partners," she said.
Leaders from the party are indicating that a major announcement is likely to come Sunday. However, they refused to divulge any details, but added that leaders of party`s parliamentary board may have an informal meeting Saturday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon