JD-U not to renominate its three Rajya Sabha MPs
Patna: Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal (United) will not renominate its three MPs in the biennial elections to five Rajya Sabha seats from the state to be held Feb 7 and has decided to field new faces this time, party sources said Thursday.
A senior JD-U leader close to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said the party will not renominate its three retiring MPs.
"The JD-U has decided to field new faces to the Rajya Sabha," the JD-U leader said.
According to party leaders, the three retiring JD(U) Rajya Sabha MPs -- NK Singh, Shivanand Tiwari and Sabir Ali -- have instead been offered an opportunity to contest the Lok Sabha polls.
"Singh was offered nomination on the Banka Lok Sabha seat, Tiwari on Buxar seat and Ali from Sheohar," a JD-U leader said.
JD-U president Sharad Yadav is arriving here Thursday night and he is likely to formally announce the party decision.
Three of these five seats are with the JD-U while one each is with RJD and BJP.
However, now the RJD in not in position to re-elect any member as it has only 22 MLAs. Consequently, the JD-U and BJP are likely to win three and two seats, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow