JD-U projects Nitish Kumar as NDA`s PM candidate?
New Delhi: Even as the BJP and JD-U battle it out over the issue of NDA`s prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, a poster put up outside the venue of JD-U`s two-day national executive meet here has pitted Nitish Kumar against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Notwithstanding the ongoing battle between the BJP and the JD-U over naming Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as PM candidate, the massive poster talks about the `2nd Mahabharata War 2014` and shows two chariots with `Arjun` Nitish and `Sarathi` Sharad Yadav pitted against `Arjun` Manmohan Singh and `Sarathi` Sonia Gandhi.
No BJP leader has been featured on the poster.
The symbolic poster is clearly meant to send out a clear message - that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is a serious NDA candidate to take on PM Manmohan Singh in next year`s General Elections.
While asking the BJP to clarify whether Modi would be made the PM candidate, the JD-U has refrained from pitching for Nitish as the NDA choice. It has only said that Modi`s candidature could force the party to quit the main opposition alliance.
The JD-U, which has 20 Lok Sabha MPs, is the second largest member of the NDA coalition after the BJP. Also, the two parties are ruling in alliance in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31