JD-U seeks end to mad rush in NDA for PM candidate
New Delhi: Key NDA constituent JD-U Monday termed as "unnecessary" the debate over who would be the coalition`s prime ministerial candidate and sought a halt to the mad rush of leaders pitching for candidates of their choice.
JD-U chief Sharad Yadav, who is also NDA convener, said parties of the BJP-led alliance should rather focus on key issues confronting the nation like corruption, unemployment and economic crisis.
"I have never seen such a mad rush for prime ministership in the last six decades," Yadav told reporters.
His statement comes amid growing debate over who should be NDA`s prime ministerial candidate.
While a number of BJP leaders are pitching for Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, some others like Shiv Sena are putting their weight behind Sushma Swaraj.
"Enough of such discoveries have been made, now this unnecessary tendency to discover (Prime Minister candidate) should come to an end and people should pay attention to real issues of corruption, unemployment and FDI in multi-brand retail," Yadav said.
The JD-U leader said, "I appeal to all to stop further discovering on this. This unnecessary search for prime ministership should end."
The key NDA constituent is against naming Modi for the top post and seeking to project a "secular face" acceptable to all.
The alliance is yet to decide on whether to project a candidate for the top post in the alliance ahead of polls despite a hot debate on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'