JD-U will come out with stand soon: Nitish on Modi
Patna: JD-U, which is opposed to Narendra Modi`s projection as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, on Monday said it will discuss all aspects of his anointment as the Campaign Committee chief and will spell out its stand soon.
"We have seen the report and have taken cognisance of the meanings implied in it. We will discuss it in the party. We will come out with our stand on the issue after examining the entire situation and considering all the aspects in the party", Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar told reporters here.
Kumar, who has time and again expressed his antipathy to Modi, refused to elaborate further on the issue, saying no more questions are required on this subject and advised reporters to keep their questions pending till JD-U finalises its response on the matter.
He also denied reports in a section of media that BJP President Rajnath Singh had talked to him before the decision on Modi`s anointment.
"There was no such conversation between me and Rajnath Singh. Such reports are baseless. I was in the Seva Yatra and no such talk could happen," he said.
Asked about JD-U setting a deadline till November for BJP, Kumar said, "We will choose the timing."
When repeatedly asked about the time-frame, he replied, "Soon."
JD-U is the second largest constituent of the BJP-led NDA and has strong reservations about Modi. Party leaders have time and again expressed their antipathy to Modi and the Bihar Chief Minister has been the most vocal among them.
Kumar had even given a deadline till December this year to the BJP to declare its Prime Ministerial candidate, saying the candidate should be one, who is acceptable to all, which was interpreted by analysts as JD-U`s No to Modi.
The JD-U had yesterday termed Modi`s anointment as campaign committee chief as the "internal matter" of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read