JD-U`s Calling Attention Notice on Cong`s comments of CAG
New Delhi: Unhappy over criticism of the CAG by some Congress leaders recently, Opposition JD-U has given a Calling Attention Notice to Speaker Meira Kumar to discuss the issue in Lok Sabha.
Party chief Sharad Yadav said the notice is to call the attention of the House towards the overall criticism of Constitutional authorities like CAG by various political parties.
"Leaders of the ruling Congress have been making statements with regard to the functioning of CAG. The statements against CAG are not appropriate as it is a Constitutional body...
"I have never seen any political party in the past criticising the CAG in such a manner, which is happening after the placing of reports on CWG, 2G spectrum and coalgate... Criticising CAG reports in public is a bad precedent created by Congress party," Yadav said.
The JDU president said he had taken up the issue when he recently met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"I told him that the CAG should not be criticised publicly but in spite of that the situation has changed," he said.
Recently some Congress leaders had hit out at the CAG questioning his computation of presumptive losses in the allocation of 2G spectrum after the recent 2G auction failed to generate the targeted revenue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks