JD-U`s Calling Attention Notice on Cong`s comments of CAG
New Delhi: Unhappy over criticism of the CAG by some Congress leaders recently, Opposition JD-U has given a Calling Attention Notice to Speaker Meira Kumar to discuss the issue in Lok Sabha.
Party chief Sharad Yadav said the notice is to call the attention of the House towards the overall criticism of Constitutional authorities like CAG by various political parties.
"Leaders of the ruling Congress have been making statements with regard to the functioning of CAG. The statements against CAG are not appropriate as it is a Constitutional body...
"I have never seen any political party in the past criticising the CAG in such a manner, which is happening after the placing of reports on CWG, 2G spectrum and coalgate... Criticising CAG reports in public is a bad precedent created by Congress party," Yadav said.
The JDU president said he had taken up the issue when he recently met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"I told him that the CAG should not be criticised publicly but in spite of that the situation has changed," he said.
Recently some Congress leaders had hit out at the CAG questioning his computation of presumptive losses in the allocation of 2G spectrum after the recent 2G auction failed to generate the targeted revenue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?