JD(U) can`t react on BJP`s internal matters: Kirti Azad
New Delhi: Recalling that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had praised his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi on several occasions in the past when he was a Minister in the NDA regime headed by Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Kirti Azad on Saturday expressed surprise over the Janata Dal (United) planning to end its alliance with the saffron outfit.
Azad said Modi`s elevation, as the Chairman of campaign committee for the 2014 polls is an internal matter of the BJP.
"Modi was announced as the Chairman of election committee. That`s our internal party matter. You can`t ask me what I am cooking in my kitchen. Whenever the candidate for Prime Minister will be announced, we will take everybody on board from within the NDA. But I fail to understand what has changed," he said.
Nitish Kumar, who returned from a tour to Patna on Friday, made it clear that there is a strain in the ties between the Janata Dal (United) and the BJP, and said that the current situation of the coalition is very difficult.
"And, we have to now decide on what to do in this difficult situation. Talks are going on from almost all quarters. On one hand, they are saying that the alliance should continue for its very old. On the other hand, the situation is such... there are difficulties," said Kumar.
"Dua dete hai jeene ki, dawa karte hai marne ki (You wish me a long life, but offer medicines that will poison me)," he added.
Janata Dal (United) Chief Sharad Yadav had earlier conceded that the crisis has been stoked by the BJP`s recent decision to choose Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to head its election campaign.
JD (U) has 118 MLAs in 243-member Bihar assembly and needs the support of only four more MLAs to reach the magic figure.
There are 91 MLAS from BJP, 21 from RJD and one each from LJP and CPI in the state assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review