JD(U) Chief Sharad Yadav`S questions VHP
New Delhi: JD(U) Cheif Sharad Yadav questioned as to who had given, VHP the monopoly to represent Hindus, who have one lakh castes. This led to immediate protests by BJP members, who were up on their feet.
In the Rajya Sabha, uproar over Ayodhya yatra stalled the pre-lunch sitting with SP and BJP members clashing.
Soon after the House met for the day, SP members shouted slogans alleging an attack by BJP workers on their Delhi office, a charge strongly refuted by the main opposition party.
The issue forced two adjournments before Zero Hour as Chairman Hamid Ansari`s repeated efforts to restore normalcy in the House did not yield any result.
When the House resumed at noon, BJP members came in aisle shouting slogans.
Deputy Chairman P J Kurien, who was in the Chair, criticised this saying leaders of parties had decided that they will not raise slogans in the House. Kurien also said the slogans will not go on record.
"It (slogan) won`t go on record. It is indiscipline," Kurien said.
Members from BJP also shouted slogans but they did not come in the aisle. While Leader of the Opposition Arun Jaitley remained seated, other BJP members were on their feet.
During Question Hour, two Congress members from Seemandhra region kept shouting in the Well holding placards demanding united Andhra Pradesh.
They later went back to their seats but kept protesting waving placards from there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman