JD(U) condemns killing of Hindi-speaking people in Assam
New Delhi: Condemning the killing of Hindi- speaking people in Assam by a militant group, JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav has urged the Centre to take strong action against such acts.
In a letter to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, he said the multi-language and multi-religious fabric of Indian democracy has been praised by the world and "it is our responsibility to keep intact our basic strength".
"It has been reported that NDFB (anti-talk faction of National Democratic Front of Boroland) killed so many people speaking Indian languages when they were travelling in a bus. I would like that a firm step needs to be taken against such terrorist groups...," he wrote.
We have the largest democracy in the world, he said, which has survived with its multi-languages and multi-religions fabric and has been praised in the every corner of the world, he told Shinde, stressing that there was a need to keep in check such violence in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest