JD(U) condemns TDP chief`s arrest
New Delhi: The JD(U) today condemned the
arrest of TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu and his party members by
the Maharashtra government and said Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh should intervene into the matter, demanding "immediate"
release of the leaders.
"I want to demand that government of India and Prime
Minister should intervene into the matter. They (Naidu and his
party leaders) should immediately be released (from judicial
custody)," JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav told reporters here.
Yadav described the arrest of the TDP chief and his party
leaders as "unconstitutional and unjustified" and said they
only wanted to see the Babhli barrage site and there was no
harm in it.
"But they were not allowed to visit the barrage site and
arrested. This is unfortunate," he said.
"They should be allowed to visit the site. There is no
problem in it. The case is (pending) with the tribunal where
Maharashtra government can present their stand." he said.
Yadav said that there has been "continuous tension" over
the question of water between many states and suggested, "We
should solve this question in time."
"After floods in Punjab and Haryana, allegations and
counter-allegations are on. Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, take the
name of any state, there are differences everywhere," he said.
To a question on the alleged financial irregularities in
Bihar, Yadav said, "Our party functionaries are transparent.
Government will present its stand before the court."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks