JD(U) condemns TDP chief`s arrest
New Delhi: The JD(U) today condemned the
arrest of TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu and his party members by
the Maharashtra government and said Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh should intervene into the matter, demanding "immediate"
release of the leaders.
"I want to demand that government of India and Prime
Minister should intervene into the matter. They (Naidu and his
party leaders) should immediately be released (from judicial
custody)," JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav told reporters here.
Yadav described the arrest of the TDP chief and his party
leaders as "unconstitutional and unjustified" and said they
only wanted to see the Babhli barrage site and there was no
harm in it.
"But they were not allowed to visit the barrage site and
arrested. This is unfortunate," he said.
"They should be allowed to visit the site. There is no
problem in it. The case is (pending) with the tribunal where
Maharashtra government can present their stand." he said.
Yadav said that there has been "continuous tension" over
the question of water between many states and suggested, "We
should solve this question in time."
"After floods in Punjab and Haryana, allegations and
counter-allegations are on. Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, take the
name of any state, there are differences everywhere," he said.
To a question on the alleged financial irregularities in
Bihar, Yadav said, "Our party functionaries are transparent.
Government will present its stand before the court."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says