JD(U) demands special session for Lokpal
New Delhi: NDA convenor and Janata Dal
(United) leader Sharad Yadav Thursday demanded a special session of Parliament to discuss the Lokpal Bill.
"The Lokpal Bill should not be hurriedly passed. All
members should be given a chance to give their opinions. Special session should be called to deliberate Lokpal Bill," Yadav told reporters outside Parliament House.
He, however, said that "MPs are protected under Article
105 and there should not be any change in it."
Asked whether CBI should be under Lokpal, he said, "CBI
should be autonomous and it should not be under anyone`s
control. Government should consider the case."
On inclusion of PM in Lokpal`s ambit, JD(U) leader said,
"There should be unanimity on the PM issue. Whatever is to be
done, it should not be done hurriedly."
Lyricist and MP Javed Akhtar was also against any move to
pass Lokpal bill in a hurry.
"It is a serious issue and should be done with the consent
of everybody," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming