JD(U) for banning future trade in agri commodities
Patna: Janata Dal (United) on Monday accused
the Centre of being responsible for rise in prices of
essential commodities and demanded that it ban future trade in
"The Congress government at the Centre is solely
responsible for the skyrocketing prices of essential
commodities. The people are facing the worst-ever misery
because of it," JD(U) national spokesman Shivanand Tiwari told
Tiwari demanded that the Centre immediately ban
future trade of agricultural commodities, universalise the
public distribution system and scrap the ban on transport of
essential commodities from one state to another to arrest
He said the Centre should also ensure sale of
foodgrains stored in the godowns of the Food Corporation of
India in the open market and implement schemes pertaining to
"It will also be beneficial to formulate an action
plan for increasing production in agriculture keeping in
mind future requirements," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth