JD(U) leader assures "complete support" to Ishrat Jahan`s family
New Delhi: Janata Dal (United) leader Ali Anwar on Tuesday extended full support to the Jahan family in providing justice to them in connection with the fake encounter murder of their daughter Ishrat Jahan.
"They`ve been given temporary relief, for the time being. It is, in one way, almost established that it was a fake encounter. And, it is one of 20 encounters. We, the people of Bihar, are standing up in support of our daughter, our sister. We will give our full support to bring her complete justice", said Anwar.
In a recent CBI chargesheet, Jahan had been reported to have been killed in a fake encounter in 2004. Earlier, alleged to have had links with the Lashkar-e-Toiba, Jahan has been reportedly cleared by the CBI over her having militant connections.
Anwar also demanded answers from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) regarding the case, saying: "Now, it is for the BJP to decide whether they are with Bihar`s pride, Bihar`s daughter, or with Bihar`s daughter`s murderers."
Anwar said he was extremely "pained" after spending time with Jahan`s family and hearing their story.
"They`ve been given temporary relief, for the time being. It is, in one way, almost established that it was a fake encounter," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing