JD(U) miffed; divide in NDA ahead of Prez poll?
New Delhi: A divide seemed to appear in the National Democratic Alliance ahead of the presidential polls with ally Janata Dal-United expressing displeasure over the last minute information of a meeting of National Democratic Alliance scheduled for Friday.
JD-U general secretary Javed Raza said that until 6 p.m. in the evening, no official communication about the NDA meeting was received.
"We have no official information about the NDA meeting," he said.
JD-U leader Sharad Yadav, who is also the convener of the NDA, was also out of Delhi.
"Sharad-ji was out of Delhi and was scheduled to return on Saturday. However, now he is to come back this evening," a JD-U leader said.
The BJP ally has been upset over delays in consultation over the issue.
Sharad Yadav had Wednesday also snubbed senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh saying he was not the NDA candidate for the vice president`s post. Singh had met Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, seeking his backing for himself for the post.
BJP on Wednesday said it was "seized" of the meeting, denying it had anything to do with Jaswant Singh`s candidature.
The JD-U had also expressed displeasure earlier over party leader Sushma Swaraj rejecting Vice President M Hamid Ansari`s candidature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof