JD(U) miffed; divide in NDA ahead of Prez poll?
New Delhi: A divide seemed to appear in the National Democratic Alliance ahead of the presidential polls with ally Janata Dal-United expressing displeasure over the last minute information of a meeting of National Democratic Alliance scheduled for Friday.
JD-U general secretary Javed Raza said that until 6 p.m. in the evening, no official communication about the NDA meeting was received.
"We have no official information about the NDA meeting," he said.
JD-U leader Sharad Yadav, who is also the convener of the NDA, was also out of Delhi.
"Sharad-ji was out of Delhi and was scheduled to return on Saturday. However, now he is to come back this evening," a JD-U leader said.
The BJP ally has been upset over delays in consultation over the issue.
Sharad Yadav had Wednesday also snubbed senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh saying he was not the NDA candidate for the vice president`s post. Singh had met Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, seeking his backing for himself for the post.
BJP on Wednesday said it was "seized" of the meeting, denying it had anything to do with Jaswant Singh`s candidature.
The JD-U had also expressed displeasure earlier over party leader Sushma Swaraj rejecting Vice President M Hamid Ansari`s candidature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off