JD(U) says purpose of bandh not to oust government
New Delhi: With SP coming out to back the government, JD-U on Friday said that the purpose of yesterday`s nation-wide agitation was "not ousting the government" but to bring people together against its "anti-national" policies.
"Are we saying that we are for ousting the government. We are trying to make people aware of the wrong policies of the government so that persons like Prime Minister Manmohan Singh cannot come to power again," party president Sharad Yadav told reporters here.
Yadav said that he was not bothered about the government`s stability.
"Let Manmohan Singh have a sound sleep and not worry (about his government`s fall). We will wake up the people so that those espousing his ideology of market economy are not able to rule the country for at least 100 years in the future.
"If the government has to fall, it should happen due to its own contradictions. We are not going to push its fall," Yadav said.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had also dismissed the possibility of the government falling immediately saying they will be able to manage the numbers.
Yadav downplayed SP chief Mulayam Singh not sharing the dais with leaders of BJP and Left at Jantar Mantar yesterday.
"He was with us in the fight against the government`s policies. His is a different party. We are trying to bring together people against the government`s wrong polices.
"Once people rise against the Government, Mulayam Singh Yadav will see it. He is after all a fighter," he said in reply to a volley of questions on the flip-flops of the Samajwadi Party on the issue of supporting the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray