JD(U) slams BJP for felicitating MLAs booked in UP riots
New Delhi: JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav on Friday attacked erstwhile ally BJP for felicitating two of its MLAs who were arrested for allegedly being involved in Muzaffarnagar riots and said the real face of the party had now become visible.
He also said that the saffron party had lost direction after Narendra Modi became its prime ministerial candidate.
"I strongly condemn that incident. They have shown their real face to the people of the nation. And cleverly they have felicitated them before (Modi`s) arrival," Yadav told reporters here.
He said that while BJP leaders spoke about appeasement, the question was who were the 50,000 people sitting outside relief camps.
BJP top leaders from the state honoured the two MLAs - Sangeet Som and Suresh Rana - at the venue of Modi`s rally but the felicitation was done before the Gujarat Chief Minister`s arrival. The two were presented with headgear and a shawl.
Yadav said BJP had lost direction and indulged in debating useless issues instead of discussing matters of public importance.
"I feel this trend has intensified in the last 3-4 months after BJP announced their prime ministerial candidate. After this announcement, useless and filthy debates and discussions have started at different forums and media in the wake of elections in five states," he said.
Yadav said personal blame game had started between political parties, which should rather discuss only on such issues which concern the poor, underprivileged or will be of genuine service to the nation.
He said the country`s economy was in a bad shape and the poor were not benefiting from schemes meant for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt