JD(U) to end alliance with BJP over the weekend: Reports
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As the ruling Janata Dal (United) in Bihar contemplates on breaking its alliance with Bharatiya Janata Party, reports on Friday suggested that Nitish Kumar is most likely to call it quits over the weekend.
Regarding this Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is likely to meet his party legislators on Saturday and take a final call.
Meanwhile, JD(U) president Sharad Yadav has said that discussions on continuance of the alliance with BJP are still on.
The relations between the two partners soured after BJP anointed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to head its election campaign.
In the wake of Nitish Kumar failing to give any assurance to veteran BJP leader LK Advani and party president Rajnath Singh, the Bihar unit of the party called an emergency meet of its office-bearers yesterday.
According to sources, the BJP office-bearers gave their go-ahead for a split with the JD(U). Meanwhile, a report said that deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi has asked officials to not seek his approval or clearance for any work. This suggests that the Bihar BJP is already considering itself out of the alliance.
It is widely believed in BJP and NDA that it is a near certainty that Modi will be the PM candidate of the party after his elevation at the Goa conclave as campaign committee head.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan