JD(U) to take time to decide on VP candidate
Patna: JD(U) will would take some time to decide on the candidate for the vice-presidential election and would take the decision after thorough discussions and consultations.
No name for the post of vice-president has come up so far and the party will discuss and consult when it does, Bihar JD(U) president Bashisth Narayan Singh, MP, told newsmen here.
He, however, parried a question as to whether his party would support Hamid Ansari for the post of vice-president.
On his party`s relation with BJP in the wake of JD(U) supporting Pranab Mukherjee in the coming presidential poll, Singh said the two are mutual allies for a long time and there is no need to explore new news about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed