JD(U) to take time to decide on VP candidate
Patna: JD(U) will would take some time to decide on the candidate for the vice-presidential election and would take the decision after thorough discussions and consultations.
No name for the post of vice-president has come up so far and the party will discuss and consult when it does, Bihar JD(U) president Bashisth Narayan Singh, MP, told newsmen here.
He, however, parried a question as to whether his party would support Hamid Ansari for the post of vice-president.
On his party`s relation with BJP in the wake of JD(U) supporting Pranab Mukherjee in the coming presidential poll, Singh said the two are mutual allies for a long time and there is no need to explore new news about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof