JD(U)`s Tiwari asks Baba Ramdev to be patient
New Delhi: As Janata Dal(U) leader Sharad Yadav shared the dais with yoga guru Ramdev, his party colleague Shivanand Tiwari on Monday advised the protesters to be patient and not to rush with ultimatums.
"One should be patient and everything should be step-by- step. One should not rush with ultimatums," he told reporters outside Parliament House when asked to comment on Ramdev`s call to dislodge Congress from power.
Maintaining that there was no difference of opinion on the issue of corruption or black money, Tiwari said, "There is a general mood against corruption. When Anna Hazare started the agitation he had received support from the public. But later on he did not get the same kind of support when he staged dharna in Mumbai."
Tiwari said, "The government is working on it. There is a select committee on it of which I am a member."
The JD(U) leader said, "There should not be any misunderstanding on the issue and there should not be any big talk on the issue."
LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan attacked Ramdev, saying, "There should be a probe into the assets of such people in the country first."
He also said, "Everyone has right to protest in a democracy. This is not the first time he has staged a dharna."
On NDA leaders like Nitin Gadkari and Sharad Yadav sharing the dais with the yoga guru, Paswan said, "Perhaps Ramdev`s agitation suits them and that is why they had gone there."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets