JD(U)`s Tiwari asks Baba Ramdev to be patient
New Delhi: As Janata Dal(U) leader Sharad Yadav shared the dais with yoga guru Ramdev, his party colleague Shivanand Tiwari on Monday advised the protesters to be patient and not to rush with ultimatums.
"One should be patient and everything should be step-by- step. One should not rush with ultimatums," he told reporters outside Parliament House when asked to comment on Ramdev`s call to dislodge Congress from power.
Maintaining that there was no difference of opinion on the issue of corruption or black money, Tiwari said, "There is a general mood against corruption. When Anna Hazare started the agitation he had received support from the public. But later on he did not get the same kind of support when he staged dharna in Mumbai."
Tiwari said, "The government is working on it. There is a select committee on it of which I am a member."
The JD(U) leader said, "There should not be any misunderstanding on the issue and there should not be any big talk on the issue."
LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan attacked Ramdev, saying, "There should be a probe into the assets of such people in the country first."
He also said, "Everyone has right to protest in a democracy. This is not the first time he has staged a dharna."
On NDA leaders like Nitin Gadkari and Sharad Yadav sharing the dais with the yoga guru, Paswan said, "Perhaps Ramdev`s agitation suits them and that is why they had gone there."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America