JD(U)`s Tiwari asks Baba Ramdev to be patient
New Delhi: As Janata Dal(U) leader Sharad Yadav shared the dais with yoga guru Ramdev, his party colleague Shivanand Tiwari on Monday advised the protesters to be patient and not to rush with ultimatums.
"One should be patient and everything should be step-by- step. One should not rush with ultimatums," he told reporters outside Parliament House when asked to comment on Ramdev`s call to dislodge Congress from power.
Maintaining that there was no difference of opinion on the issue of corruption or black money, Tiwari said, "There is a general mood against corruption. When Anna Hazare started the agitation he had received support from the public. But later on he did not get the same kind of support when he staged dharna in Mumbai."
Tiwari said, "The government is working on it. There is a select committee on it of which I am a member."
The JD(U) leader said, "There should not be any misunderstanding on the issue and there should not be any big talk on the issue."
LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan attacked Ramdev, saying, "There should be a probe into the assets of such people in the country first."
He also said, "Everyone has right to protest in a democracy. This is not the first time he has staged a dharna."
On NDA leaders like Nitin Gadkari and Sharad Yadav sharing the dais with the yoga guru, Paswan said, "Perhaps Ramdev`s agitation suits them and that is why they had gone there."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy