JEE: Cut offs for top 20 percentile students announced
New Delhi: IIT aspirants who have scored over 78.2 per cent marks in their class XII CBSE exam this year and have made it to the final round of the JEE examination stand a chance of being selected to the prestigious institutes.
According to CBSE, the cut off score for the top 20 percentile for the general stream has been put at 391 (78.2 per cent).
Rank holders in the JEE advance test under the new two-tier format for admission to the under-graduate programme in the IITs must be among the top 20 performers for admission.
For OBC, the cut off will be 389, SC 350 and for ST 338, a CBSE statement said after the results of class XII was declared on Monday.
The class X results are likely to be declared on May 30.
JEE advance test will be conducted on coming Sunday and students who have made it to this final round of examination but do not find them within the cut-off need not lose heart and should consider the exam as a "good exposure", said a CBSE official.
The new format adopted by the IIT council comprises a two-tier system -- a main and an advance test.
Students clearing the advance test after being screened in the Mains would be considered for admission provided they are among the top 20 percentile in their boards. The mains were held on April 7.
The logistics for both the exam will be conducted by CBSE. The advance exam will be solely conducted by the IIT.
IIT will prepare a merit list of those who sat for the advance and then select the successful candidates if they are among the top 20 percentile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you