Jet Airways enters into code share with United Airlines
New Delhi: Private carrier Jet Airways
would now be able to provide connectivity to 38 US cities from
India as it entered into a new code share agreement with
America`s United Airlines.
"The new code share agreement between Jet Airways and
United Airlines has opened for sale today for those travelling
from June 30 to 38 destinations in the US from India and also
through trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific routes," a Jet
spokesperson said. United is one of the largest global
The agreement would allow the travellers to fly United
Airlines` trans-Atlantic flights from London to Chicago, Los
Angeles, San Francisco, Denver and Washington and trans-
Pacific flights from Hong Kong to Chicago and San Francisco.
In turn, United`s flyers would be getting seamless
connectivity to Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Goa, Hyderabad and
Kolkata through Jet`s hub at Mumbai, the spokesperson said.
As per the agreement, Jet would place its code (9W) on
United`s trans-Atlantic flights operating between London and
its five US hub cities -- Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, San
Francisco and Washington. It would also cover on United`s
daily trans-Pacific flights between Hong Kong and Chicago and
Similarly, United would be able to use its code (UA)
on Jet`s daily flights between London and Mumbai as well as
between Hong Kong and Delhi and between Hong Kong and Mumbai.
Apart from this, the American carrier can use its code
on Jet`s domestic flights to five major cities in India -
Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Goa, Hyderabad and Kolkata via Mumbai.
"With this partnership, Jet would offer its guests
connectivity and seamless travel from India through to Denver,
Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Washington in the US,
and onwards to almost 40 cities in North America," said Nikos
Kardasis, Chief Executive Officer of Jet Airways.
He said that the partnership would help Jet Airways to
enhance its connectivity and reach in the American market. The
Indian carrier and its low-cost subsidiary JetLite have
achieved the best On Time Performance of 88.9 and 89.9 per
cent respectively last month.
"Establishing our code share flights with Jet Airways
provides more destinations and more convenience for our
customers. We are pleased to bring our customers closer to
destinations throughout India," said Mark Schwab, United`s
senior vice president of Alliances, International and
Jet Airways currently flies to 43 domestic
destinations and through it hub at Mumbai and Delhi onto 23
international destinations spanning North America, Africa,
Europe, Asia and the Gulf.
United Airlines operates approximately 3,300 flights a
day to more than 230 US domestic and international
destinations from its hubs in Los Angeles, San Francisco,
Denver, Chicago and Washington.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa