Jet Airways flight heads back to Guwahati airport after take-off
Guwahati: A Jet Airways flight from
Guwahati to Delhi, with 78 passengers on board, returned to Guwahati
about 40 minutes after take-off on Thursday following a technical
fault in its engine.
Airport sources said that with standard precautionary
measures in place, all the passengers and crew on board 9W
2277 disembarked after the Boeing 737-800 plane safely landed
back at Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport
at around 5:25 pm, about 40 minutes after take-off.
The plane had left for Delhi at around 4.45 pm and the
technical fault was communicated to the Air Traffic Control
about half an hour later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- ISRO tells industry to enhance capacity to meet demand
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China