Jet Airways flight heads back to Guwahati airport after take-off
Guwahati: A Jet Airways flight from
Guwahati to Delhi, with 78 passengers on board, returned to Guwahati
about 40 minutes after take-off on Thursday following a technical
fault in its engine.
Airport sources said that with standard precautionary
measures in place, all the passengers and crew on board 9W
2277 disembarked after the Boeing 737-800 plane safely landed
back at Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport
at around 5:25 pm, about 40 minutes after take-off.
The plane had left for Delhi at around 4.45 pm and the
technical fault was communicated to the Air Traffic Control
about half an hour later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'