Jet diverts 2 flights as snow shuts down Heathrow
Mumbai: Two London-bound Jet Airways flights were diverted to Brussels following the closure of Heathrow Airport due to heavy snow, a spokesman of the Indian private carrier said on Sunday.
"Flights 9W 122 from Delhi and 9W 118 from Mumbai of December 18, have been diverted to Brussels because of the closure of London Heathrow airport," the spokesperson said in a statement issued here, adding, passengers are being ferried to London by other modes of transport.
Additionally, Jet Airways is planning to operate additional flights from London to India for those stranded and normal operations are expected to resume by tomorrow afternoon, it said.
An additional Airbus-330 service will be operated from Mumbai to London Heathrow on December 21, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to get cheaper; circle rates might be slashed
- Shame! This man approached UP Police to register complaint, was forced to polish cops' shoes instead – Watch
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?
- WATCH: IPL 2016 final highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!