Jet diverts 2 flights as snow shuts down Heathrow
Mumbai: Two London-bound Jet Airways flights were diverted to Brussels following the closure of Heathrow Airport due to heavy snow, a spokesman of the Indian private carrier said on Sunday.
"Flights 9W 122 from Delhi and 9W 118 from Mumbai of December 18, have been diverted to Brussels because of the closure of London Heathrow airport," the spokesperson said in a statement issued here, adding, passengers are being ferried to London by other modes of transport.
Additionally, Jet Airways is planning to operate additional flights from London to India for those stranded and normal operations are expected to resume by tomorrow afternoon, it said.
An additional Airbus-330 service will be operated from Mumbai to London Heathrow on December 21, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation