Jet plane makes emergency landing after engine failure
Mumbai: A Bhopal-bound JetLite flight from Mumbai with 114 passengers on board made an emergency landing here Tuesday morning due to engine failure, airport officials said.
The flight returned to the city airport after being airborne for over half-an-hour, they said.
The flight landed safely and it later departed for its destination after the problem was rectified.
"JetLite flight 9W1625, that had 114 passengers on board, took off at 5.47 am but landed back at 6.20 am due to port side engine failure," Mumbai airport spokesperson said.
The flight took off for Bhopal at 10.40 am, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey
- Women have emotionally more intense nightmares than men
- BJP leader's son abducted by suspected ULFA militants, Rs 1cr ransom demanded
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 1st Test, Day 4: Play abandoned again in Durban