Jet plane makes emergency landing after engine failure
Mumbai: A Bhopal-bound JetLite flight from Mumbai with 114 passengers on board made an emergency landing here Tuesday morning due to engine failure, airport officials said.
The flight returned to the city airport after being airborne for over half-an-hour, they said.
The flight landed safely and it later departed for its destination after the problem was rectified.
"JetLite flight 9W1625, that had 114 passengers on board, took off at 5.47 am but landed back at 6.20 am due to port side engine failure," Mumbai airport spokesperson said.
The flight took off for Bhopal at 10.40 am, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured