Jet plane makes emergency landing after engine failure
Mumbai: A Bhopal-bound JetLite flight from Mumbai with 114 passengers on board made an emergency landing here Tuesday morning due to engine failure, airport officials said.
The flight returned to the city airport after being airborne for over half-an-hour, they said.
The flight landed safely and it later departed for its destination after the problem was rectified.
"JetLite flight 9W1625, that had 114 passengers on board, took off at 5.47 am but landed back at 6.20 am due to port side engine failure," Mumbai airport spokesperson said.
The flight took off for Bhopal at 10.40 am, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city