Jet plane makes emergency landing after engine failure
Mumbai: A Bhopal-bound JetLite flight from Mumbai with 114 passengers on board made an emergency landing here Tuesday morning due to engine failure, airport officials said.
The flight returned to the city airport after being airborne for over half-an-hour, they said.
The flight landed safely and it later departed for its destination after the problem was rectified.
"JetLite flight 9W1625, that had 114 passengers on board, took off at 5.47 am but landed back at 6.20 am due to port side engine failure," Mumbai airport spokesperson said.
The flight took off for Bhopal at 10.40 am, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth