Jethmalani says he is back with Vajpayee`s blessings
Jaipur: BJP nominee from Rajasthan for the
Rajya Sabha elections Ram Jethmalani Sunday said he is formally
back in the party with the blessings of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
and described him as his political hero.
"I am formally back in BJP though the party has always
been in my spirit. I am back with blessings from Atal Bihari
who is my political hero and statesman. Though there were
ideological differences, there was no rift in our friendship,"
the eminent lawyer told reporters at BJP`s state office here.
Jethmalani, who will file his nomination here tomorrow
along with other party nominee V P Singh, said while
representing Rajasthan in the Upper House, he would raise
state specific issues including water crisis.
"Issues of today are poverty, terrorism, solving problem
with our neighbours (nations), water etc. I will have to work
on state specific issues and I will do," he said.
However, I want to warn that the war in the next 10-20
years will be over water, not over nuclear power or Kashmir,
so water crisis is going to be a crucial issue in future," the
former Union minister said.
Responding to questions related to Parliament attack
convict Afzal Guru, Jethmalani said, "Afzal Guru is a
terrorist and such suicide bombers should get death
Jethmalani also said he was against the ruling Congress
party as it was not serious about bringing back "stolen"
Indian money from foreign banks.
"I am against ruling Congress party as the government it
heads is not keen and serious to bring back stolen Indian
money worth USD 15,000 million deposited in foreign
banks," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing