Jethmalani to make up his mind by weekend
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Ram Jethmalani on Tuesday said he will "take a final call" on contesting the presidential election by the weekend.
Jethmalani also said that former president A P J Abdul Kalam should again be persuaded to take on Finance Minister and UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee.
He said he will return to New Delhi by this weekend and that is when he will "take a final call" on his earlier announcement to contest next month`s presidential election.
Jethmalani said he wanted to contest against Mukherjee because the latter had refused to name the Indians who have stashed away black money abroad.
"I oppose Pranab as he refused to reveal the names of those with black money in foreign banks," Jethmalani said.
"I`m in London now. As soon as I return, I will decide."
Mukherjee was on Friday named the United Progressive Alliance candidate for the presidential election.
Asked if he had the BJP`s support, Jethmalani replied in the affirmative.
"But even if nobody supports me, I have no issues."
Commenting about Abdul Kalam`s pullout from the presidential race, he said: "We can`t force him to contest but still we should persuade him to reconsider."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'