Jethmalani to make up his mind by weekend
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Ram Jethmalani on Tuesday said he will "take a final call" on contesting the presidential election by the weekend.
Jethmalani also said that former president A P J Abdul Kalam should again be persuaded to take on Finance Minister and UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee.
He said he will return to New Delhi by this weekend and that is when he will "take a final call" on his earlier announcement to contest next month`s presidential election.
Jethmalani said he wanted to contest against Mukherjee because the latter had refused to name the Indians who have stashed away black money abroad.
"I oppose Pranab as he refused to reveal the names of those with black money in foreign banks," Jethmalani said.
"I`m in London now. As soon as I return, I will decide."
Mukherjee was on Friday named the United Progressive Alliance candidate for the presidential election.
Asked if he had the BJP`s support, Jethmalani replied in the affirmative.
"But even if nobody supports me, I have no issues."
Commenting about Abdul Kalam`s pullout from the presidential race, he said: "We can`t force him to contest but still we should persuade him to reconsider."
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Goa Board 12th HSSC Result 2016: Goaresults.nic.in & Gbshse.gov.in GBSHSE Class 12th HSSC Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 10, 2016
- Head of All World Gayatri Pariwar Pranav Pandya nominated to Rajya Sabha
- India received $48 billion in remittances in 9 months of last fiscal
- Rajya Sabha accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Swachh Bharat mission fails March 2016 urban-trash targets