JetLite flight makes emergency landing
Nagpur: A Ranchi-Mumbai Jetlite flight with 125-odd passengers including team Anna member Kiran Bedi aboard made an emergency landing at Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport here within 45 minutes of its take-off due to a technical snag Sunday morning.
After take-off at 9.45 am, on the way to Mumbai, the aircraft developed a technical snag in the engine, which forced the pilot to make an emergency landing at Nagpur
airport, sources said.
Airport officials stated that all the passengers were safe. Jetlite said that the passengers were deplaned safely and were taken to Mumbai by another flight at 11.30 am.
Nagpur India Against Corruption coordinator Ajay Sanghi, who had a talk with Bedi on mobile, told a news agency that the former IPS officer praised the pilot for safe landing.
Bedi had gone to Jamshedpur for a talk show, and was heading to Mumbai to participate in the ongoing World Economic Forum meet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof